Jumping-off point: “The point from which a new undertaking or activity is begun“. I’m considering this blog post as such.
If you are reading this, chances are you’ve clicked on a link I’ve shared. And you’re interested in data-related topics. I would like to warmly welcome you to my blog. It’s a place where I will share my tips/opinions/experience as a “Newbie” in the Data world (I’ve only started working as a Data Analyst in early-2019 and my background in IT is, well, as light as Ryanair’s carry-on bag weight allowance – for lack of a better analogy).
Why a blog?
- For you:
- You can learn some tips based on real-life examples;
- You can also reach out for ideas & questions.
- For me:
- I will keep track of the knowledge I acquire over time;
- I can find motivation in keeping up with the new and fresh stuff happening in Data & Analytics.
Finding a blog name was a hassle. After hours of deep reflection with my colleagues, we came up with “NooBI”. It is is a contraction of “Noob” and “BI”:
- “Noob” because I’m very Junior in the Data world. And I like the idea of keeping a beginner’s mindset: being curious, questioning how & why things function in a certain way, remaining eager to learn in doing so.
- “BI” because I will mainly write about Business Intelligence (duh).
So what can I expect from this blog?
Tips & tricks for certain tools (e.g. Power BI), but also personal opinions on data and business-related topics, maybe even news about events happening in the Data community?
OK – that’s enough questions for now I think… time to work on the next post. And I hope to see you there!